The INGID website is under reconstruction at the moment. We hope to relaunch the new website in September. We will keep you updated with regard to the launch. If you have any questions about this or about any INGID issues please contact our secretary Mary Louise Daly: firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to the web site of the International Nursing Group for Immunodeficiency’s (INGID). The aims of the group are given below, and all who are involved with Primary Immunodeficiency Disorders (PIDs) are very welcome to find out more about the group, and to join us.
After the great success of the Florence X INGID meeting in October 2012, we are now all looking forward to the next meeting in Prague, The Czech republic in 2014 which will be both the XI INGID meeting and the 20th anniversary of the founding of INGID. We intend this to be as interesting and relevant as previous meetings with something in it for everyone working within the speciality of immunology/immunodeficiency.
Of course, the success of our meeting will, as always, depend upon you – the members of INGID. So, now is the time to start thinking about:
- How you will be able to get to the conference – it is never too early to start looking for funding.
- How you can contribute to the XI INGID conference in Prague.
In an effort to make INGID more accessible to as many people as possible, we have written a leaflet for people, and have translated it into different languages so that you can use them to inform people in your country about INGID. At the moment, we have the leaflet in English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch and Turkish. You can access these by clicking on the flag of the country. We would like to include other languages, so would welcome any offers to translate it into your language. If you are prepared to do this, please get in touch with Peter Vickers, who will provide you with a copy of the leaflet as a ‘word’ document and will offer what help he can. In the meantime, do print off these leaflets and use them to publicise INGID within your country.
If your country is not represented by the flags and languages below, then click on the INGID logo next to the flags and that will take you to a word document of the English version. You can then translate it into you own language using the Google translate programme that is on this website.
We now have a copy of the INGID leaflet in Farsi. To access it, please click on the flag of Iran below.
The International Nursing Group for Immunodeficiencies (INGID) was formed in 1994 by nurses who were working with children and adults diagnosed with primary immunodeficiency disorders.
The aims of INGID are to improve and extend the quality of nursing care of patients with primary immune deficiencies, and to increase the awareness and understanding of primary immunodeficiencies amongst nurses.
This is being achieved by:
- Forming international networks of nurses working with patients who have immune deficiencies in order to share knowledge, experience, information, and research.
- Creating a base within the specialty for international collaboration between nurses in research/quality assurance projects.
- Working closely with ESID (the European Society for Immunodeficiencies), IPOPI (the International Patient Organisation for Primary Immunodeficiencies), EFIS (the European Federation of Immunology Societies), and with others who have an interest in primary immunodeficiency disorders.
- Organising biennial INGID meetings. These are held at the same time and in the same place as the ESID and IPOPI meetings.
Amena Warner of the UK was elected President of INGID in Prague for a 2-year term.
Full contact details regarding the President and Board Members can be found on the web page ‘How to contact us‘.